Above: Untitled by Ana Rodríguez. Ana was a member of this research group, working on all-polymer field-effect transistors. Image by kind permission.
My research interests include:
- Diffusion in polymer systems: Recent research shows how we can control the movement of single polymer molecules.
- Physics of polymer networks: Polymer networks swell up in suitable solvents, but try to regain their original shape when the solvent is removed.
- Stability of polymer films: How and why do thin polymer films break up, and can we control their behaviour?
- Semiconducting polymers: How does the structure of an organic electronic device influence its properties?
- Polyelectrolyte brushes: These materials show large changes in their physical properties depending upon the pH of the solution they are in contact with.